středa 22. února 2012

Boyfriend went vegan and knocked the bottom out of me....why, PETA, why?

Six years ago, I made a decision to not ever visit the Brno City Theater again. Why?
Every now and then someone gives me a ticket for free...
In 2006, some of my friends working in this theater, were persuading me that this play (Odysseus) was going to be great and they gave me two tickets, so...
http://youtu.be/m0vQOnHW0Kc
Although the reputation of the Theater was very poor at that time,  I decided to give it a chance.
We, my boyfriend and me, went to see this play and we couldn't believe what we saw...
It was the element of sexualization permeating the whole play, starting with the script and ending with the clothes the actors were wearing... Moreover, the performance of most of them was pathetic...
The scene was spectacular, but watching the half-naked actress (wearing sexy bikini), singing and dancing the way worse than any random pole-dancer does, just made us sick and we left the performance very soon...
On our way out of that place, we noticed all of their posters hanging on the walls in the courtyard...Every single of them was more or less matching the impression we got from the play we just witnessed...
Having the white paper with the word "SEX" on it, would probably do the same service and it could be much cheaper then (as it is the City of Brno's budget we are talking about here!), I guess...

PETA. The organization I fully support  in respect of treating animals...
I don't like this campaign not only because it reminds me of the nightmarrish, overhelmingly sexualized play of the Brno City Theater...
Much more I don't like the way they joined violence, vegan way of life, sex, men in the role of aggressors and women in the role of victims .. altogether in this campaign... I dont like it the most because it does give a freakish impression about vegans too...
There are so many ways better than this one to enghliten people on the way of life without killing or abusing animals...

Thumb down, PETA!

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat